Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) has fast emerged as a centre of excellence in the field of professional education in India. What started in 1992 as a non-descript industrial training institute functioning from a rented building with only 12 students and two-member faculty is now a diversified group of institutions offering academic programmes from Kindergarten to Post-doctoral level. The institute has sixteen sprawling campuses built on 350 acres of land. Located in an idyllic setting in Bhubaneswar, it is committed to set international benchmark of excellence in the field of professional learning.
- Founded by noted social and educational entrepreneur, Dr. Achyuta Samanta.
- Inception in 1992 as a modest industrial training institute functioning from rented premise with only 12 students and two faculty.
- Located in an idyllic setting in Bhubaneswar, the capital city of Orissa.
- Conferred University status under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956 by the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India in 2004.
- All the technical courses are accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) of All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE)Academic programmes are also approved by Statutory Bodies of Government of India.
- Offers academic programmes from kindergarten to postdoctoral level from sixteen sprawling campuses built on 350 acres of land.
- The physical infrastructure is replete with a Central library, separate hostels for boys and girls, indoor and outdoor stadium and administrative and faculty blocks. Each campus has air-conditioned multimedia classrooms, laboratories, conference hall, recreational amenities and other utility services.
- Currently 15000 students are enrolled full-time into its various academic programmes.
- Own entrance examination (KIITEE) for admission into most of the academic programmes.
- Programmes of the University are popular among students of several countries. A special International Programme Cell caters to the needs of International Students.
- Cent percent placement in all the academic programmes year after year